The Liberty Advisor Podcast Crypto Wealth Edition 2
Crypto News with Tim Picciott and Chris Karabats
Welcome to episode 2 of the liberty advisor podcast Crypto wealth edition. Today we are going to go over quite a bit of news some of topics we cover and this in the order we cover them are:
An update on the Crypto sentiment index
Coinbase tries to trademark BuidL while also adding z cash
The Feds blacklist and Iranian wallet and try to monitor privacy coins
One US Congressmen is attempting to pass a bill which would regulate the ICO market and prevent them from being classified as securities
Nasdaq confirms launch of bitcoin futures in 2019
Bitgo brings renowned trust lawyer out of retirement to help their custody division
One institutional manager wagers $1M that crypto will outperform the S&P 500 over 10 years
Another Japanese firm speculates Bitcoin will make a new all time high in 2019
And then we get into the bitcoin cash lawsuit and all things bitcoin cash vs bitcoin sv .
Stay tuned and make sure to subscribe to us on your favorite platform and now lets get into it.
So we are here today with Chris Karabats. Chris is an ambassador for Smart Cash and all around knowledgeable guy on both traditional markets and the crypto markets. Chris is tied into a ton of things going on in the crypto space and today we thought we’d introduce and go over the news.
The past two months I’ve been guilty of paying more attention to the stock market but we have a ton of developments going on in the crypto space and first I wanted to see if you wanted to expand upon your bio a little bit and then lets get into the news.
So while everyone is super pessimistic about the crypto space as evidenced by the crypto sentinment index sitting at a 13 which shows extreme fear one of the more positive developments is that you have a ton of people building actual real life applications and use cases and a lot of the noise has left the market. There has been so much building going on that Buidl is a new HODL and its become such a rallying cry that coinbase wants to trademark it.
2.While we are still on coinbase its important to note that they have just added z cash to their platform
- Segway into privacy coins being tracked: https://www.ccn.com/uncle-sam-wants-to-snoop-on-your-monero-transactions/
- Not a big fan of segwit but today we are big fans of segways and dad jokes bc speaking of uncle sam. Uncle sam just blacklisted an Iranian based wallet that was associated with the SamSam ransomware virus. https://www.coindesk.com/iranian-bitcoin-trader-on-us-sanctions-blacklist-says-hes-innocent
- Its fair to say anyone listening to this is probably not a big fan of congress but at least one congressmen appears to not be a complete useless dick and that’s congressmen Warren Davidson who introduced a pro ICO bill. The bill would create an “asset class” for tokens, which would prevent them from “being classified as securities, but would also allow the federal government to regulate initial coin offerings more effectively,” Cleveland.comreported.
- Shifting gears to institutional news. Speculators and noobs in this space are very anxious for institutions to get in and there are very few institutions that would have more sway than the Nasdaq
Whether institutions are good for the space or not is a whole other topic
- Bitgo : https://www.coindesk.com/bitgo-brings-banker-out-of-retirement-to-lead-institutional-crypto-custody
- Morgan Creek bet: https://www.coindesk.com/morgan-creek-digital-is-betting-1-million-that-crypto-can-beat-the-sp-500
Crypto index will be higher in 10 years than S&P 500
- One institution that thinks we aren’t going to have to wait 10 years is Quoine CEO who thinks Bitcoin will hit an alltime high in 2019. Not sure if he’ll chop his D off or not but
- BCH v SV and lawsuit